Thursday, April 29, 2010

And I wonder if I ever cross your mind...

So, this is summer, huh? The same boring days when you don't know who to talk to...

And all you can to is try to remember those crazy moments with different people, wondering if they miss you, or if they've forgotten already. Truth is, I miss everyone, but they say I'm not supposed to dwell in the past...

So, let me introduce you to "my past". This guy, knows practically everything about me, even all those deep dark secrets. This guy, is someone who would annoy me every time I see him, yet there are times when you just want him there. He's been there for me, 24/7. We may have a 6 month age gap, and we may act like fire and ice, oil and water, or something that can't stand being together, but let me tell you, this guy, I definitely cannot live without, because life becomes so dull without him, no more fighting over the internet, watching Pokemon and playing with his older brothers Pokemon card collection. This guy, is my cousin, Mao.



May 31, 1996 -- The day God gave me a cousin I'd have a love/hate relationship with. Mao became the closest thing I have to a brother.

Besides the fact that we practically live in the same house (Yes, I used to raid his home after school, since my home doesn't have anyone else there. Sucks.), we would spend our time playing, talking, practically killing each other, bullying each other, and of course, becoming each others shoulder to cry on. I remember doing ridiculous things with him, like playing "Oof Wars", a game we made where we would push each other saying "oof", or "folding" blankets by rolling it. Throwing toys at each other and crying when we get hit. Throwing insults at each other, throwing food, and the grossest, he used to throw snot and saliva at me. GROSS! Fighting over nearly everything, who gets the aircon, who takes a nap on the big bed, who uses the computer... AND, watching either POWERPUFF GIRLS, or POKEMON.

Like every part of growing up, we soon had to be separated, his mother had to work abroad so he, and his siblings could get a good education. He moved to his maternal grandmothers house, and from then on, seeing each other became too difficult. Family problems were also in the way, so I only saw him 5 times a year. Good thing there was the INTERNET! We spent hour after hour chatting, telling each other problems, and the usual fighting.

I remember one VERY memorable Semestral break (2 weeks?). He stayed at my house this time, and we set up a tent inside the house for the both of us to sleep in. We spent our days just using the internet, waking up at 5AM, making chocolate chip pancakes. His last day here was the day we both realized, "Alysh-lysh, wala pang isang araw na 'di tayo nag-away." So we made a promise, to try not to fight... because we didn't want to end up like our already screwed up family...

This promise was good enough to keep us closer to each other, even through our judo classes in UP, but we had different schedules, since there was the girls training, and the boys training... Gah.

But last year, before the end of summer... he had to leave.

I'm just glad now, that we still get to talk on FaceBook, still the usual sharing shit and stuff. Hahaha.

And to his friends reading this, hurt him once, and I'll kill you. :)

And Mao, if you're reading this. I miss you.

No comments: